Skip to main content

I'm Sorry Mom.....I Love and Miss You





As I sit in my empty room eating my dinner I think of my mom. All the days she was alone, lonely and sad. I am taken back by the images of finding my mom lifeless in her bed on a daily bases. Many are not aware of the circumstances of her death and out of respect of my mom and my brother I will keep most of the details private. As many know we struggled with my mom’s drinking and over the last several months it has been a real battle. My mother was a beautiful soul deep down in that pain she tried so hard to rid herself of with drinking. I always knew that person deep down and so I would continue to fight to get that person back. All I ever wanted was for her to be the mom I knew she could be, the mom that I knew she was. In the process of going through her things and moving her it was brought to my attention the magnitude of her pain, her struggles, and her demons. It breaks my heart to know just how much my mom suffered because of the evilness of people in her life. No human being should endure the kind of pain that was placed upon her beautiful innocent soul.

All the what if’s, shoulda, coulda, woulda’s that I am left with have been hard to swallow. I struggle with those last days I saw her, the last time I spoke to her having that gut feeling that something wasn't right and doing nothing. There is a lot that people don’t know about those last couple months of her life and many aren't aware of the fact that she suffered a great deal. This kills me and hindsight is always 20/20. I hold onto the fact that the last words we spoke were, I love you. The words I will never get out of my head, the sound of her voice and the tears I felt hanging up with her that very last time.


There are also great memories that flood my head. The times when I would wake up in the mornings even in high school and go sit on her lap till I fully woke up. The times we would laugh so hard we would cry telling a story. The times my nana, my mom and I would lay in bed together and just talk and wait for papa to bring us coffee. There are good times and I just miss my mom. I knew this day would come eventually, just did not expect it to be so soon. Death changes people and her death has affected me is ways I can’t describe. Life just isn't the same without my mom, and my daughter. I am no longer the person I was and never will be.


Comments

  1. i've been reading a lot of blogs on handling grief since my mom died 2 months ago... and your post is the one i can relate to the most, the title says it all they were my sentiments exactly... wasn't there when she died and i am full of guilt and remorse... i appreciate your post knowing i am not alone helped me endure my agony... i offer my cries to God in atonement for our sins...
    may our mothers rest in peace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. It's so hard losing your mother. I don't know your circumstances but I know how painful the loss feels and also how tough it is to feel the guilt and remorse. Sending you a hug as you process and miss your beloved mother. Thank you for reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Without You Mom....

10 years ago today, I experienced the second worst day of my life. I found my mother dead in her bed. Even 10 years later, when I say those words it takes my breath away. I know it's not a very delicate way to say it but it's the truth. I don't relive every detail like I did for many years. For years, following her death, I couldn't get those images out of my head. Every detail from the moment I unlocked the door, to the funeral home taking her away. Each moment played out often. What an absolutely awful day it was.  The days leading up to her death also haunted me. I always felt I didn't do enough. She died sad and alone in an apt that was horrible. I had reached a point in her alcoholism of distancing myself. I couldn't handle the heartache and the broken promises and the constantly finding her drunk and the drunk phone calls. I distanced myself and she died. The what if's, the shoulda, coulda, woulda's were ruthless. I still hear her voice the last ti

Being a Mom Again...

I miss writing and said last year that I would start writing more and it never happened so I gave up my other blog because it was costing me money and since I didn't use it I wasted money. So back to my old blog it is.  I am now 5 months into being a mom again and boy has it been interesting. I thought I remembered so much about Mckenna's life, but as it turns out I don't. I don't remember these early months and especially the newborn stage. I guess sleep deprivation might have something to do with that. I feel I am doing things differently this time around and on one hand that is wonderful but on the other it makes me kind of sad knowing I am parenting differently because of my life experience. Mckenna had the young naive mom who went with societal "norms". I must admit that social media has made me feel worse about how I want to parent because it feels like it's the "wrong" way. I didn't have that influence with Mckenna but still must have

My treasured last week

Today I have been reflecting on the last week I had with Mckenna. It seems like I can recall every detail of the last week I had her in  my arms and thought I would share my last week.  My last day with Mckenna  Sat Sept 20th : Billy had Mckenna that weekend but left her with Tammy to come move our stuff into storage. I missed her but thankful to have someone to watch her while we moved  MOST of our stuff. Sun Sept 21st, 2008 : I worked that day and couldn't wait to get off work because I was getting Mckenna back. Billy dropped her off at my work I waited with her outside for Mare to get done because we rode together. She was happy to see her mommy. Mon Sept 22nd, 2008 : I had started this class at Pheonix college for my CCT at work so I could draw blood and put in and take out foley's. Mare couldn't watch her that day so my friend Lisa took the day off work to watch her for me. I had to wake up extra early to get ready just in case Mckenna was up earlier