Skip to main content

A New Place, A New Adventure





Sometimes people come into your life and completely change how you see things and challenge you and all you are. This has happened to me yet again. Sometimes someone will present a question to me that will make me think. Those are what I call challenge questions. This new beautiful soul that has come into my life did just that. She saw something in me that I never told her and asked me a question that has once again brought on a new challenge. If you really know me you would know that, I like to put myself in situations that make me grow and become. Over the past year I have really gone over the top with challenges. Moving out on my own, working at PCH, doing my internship with crisis response, all of which have made me grow more than I ever thought possible.

 When I moved out on my own I was terrified. The empty and lonely really hit me hard and I found myself in such a dark place that brought me to my knees. Though without those experiences I wouldn’t have seen my abilities to overcome and move forward. In many ways I have grown living on my own, though it has caused me to isolate myself. I am alone more often than many know and this has actually caused me more anxiety, which grows more and more as time goes on. After my beautiful soul friend asked me this challenge question it sent me into challenge mode. She was right in more ways than one and it really made me think, so in which started my next challenge within myself to help me grow and become. She mentioned to me about a friend who needed a roommate. Something felt right about this to me and it became the center of my thoughts. I needed a positive change in my life, one that won’t cause me pain all the time (PCH has made me grow, but causes more pain than people know). I need to laugh more, socialize more, get out of my comfort zone, and this is what I will be doing. I will be moving next week and I have so many emotions running through me. I am nervous, scared, excited, worried, anxious, and curious to see how everything works out. I am the type to go with my feelings and gut and something feels so right about this move.  I will be meeting new people, living in a new city (which is like a foreign land to me) and finding the happiness and joy that I know I can have. I am working so very hard to find my way in this thing called life, without the one thing that brought me pure joy and happiness.
   
I am still very much amazed by the people that have come into my life and how much they have made an impact on me. I have been able to walk this journey of grief because of these beautiful souls. I have grown as a human being in more ways than one, and I owe it to a little girl who looks out for her mommy. I do believe she is the reason for these beautiful souls, the reason her mommy is still moving forward. I have wanted to give up many times, but when I feel that way another beautiful soul is guided into my path. I am listening to the whisper in my ear and I know things will work out the way they are meant to….. as long as I keep listening.

Here’s to a new adventure, here’s to growing and becoming…..Challenging myself is keeping me alive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Without You Mom....

10 years ago today, I experienced the second worst day of my life. I found my mother dead in her bed. Even 10 years later, when I say those words it takes my breath away. I know it's not a very delicate way to say it but it's the truth. I don't relive every detail like I did for many years. For years, following her death, I couldn't get those images out of my head. Every detail from the moment I unlocked the door, to the funeral home taking her away. Each moment played out often. What an absolutely awful day it was.  The days leading up to her death also haunted me. I always felt I didn't do enough. She died sad and alone in an apt that was horrible. I had reached a point in her alcoholism of distancing myself. I couldn't handle the heartache and the broken promises and the constantly finding her drunk and the drunk phone calls. I distanced myself and she died. The what if's, the shoulda, coulda, woulda's were ruthless. I still hear her voice the last ti

Being a Mom Again...

I miss writing and said last year that I would start writing more and it never happened so I gave up my other blog because it was costing me money and since I didn't use it I wasted money. So back to my old blog it is.  I am now 5 months into being a mom again and boy has it been interesting. I thought I remembered so much about Mckenna's life, but as it turns out I don't. I don't remember these early months and especially the newborn stage. I guess sleep deprivation might have something to do with that. I feel I am doing things differently this time around and on one hand that is wonderful but on the other it makes me kind of sad knowing I am parenting differently because of my life experience. Mckenna had the young naive mom who went with societal "norms". I must admit that social media has made me feel worse about how I want to parent because it feels like it's the "wrong" way. I didn't have that influence with Mckenna but still must have

My treasured last week

Today I have been reflecting on the last week I had with Mckenna. It seems like I can recall every detail of the last week I had her in  my arms and thought I would share my last week.  My last day with Mckenna  Sat Sept 20th : Billy had Mckenna that weekend but left her with Tammy to come move our stuff into storage. I missed her but thankful to have someone to watch her while we moved  MOST of our stuff. Sun Sept 21st, 2008 : I worked that day and couldn't wait to get off work because I was getting Mckenna back. Billy dropped her off at my work I waited with her outside for Mare to get done because we rode together. She was happy to see her mommy. Mon Sept 22nd, 2008 : I had started this class at Pheonix college for my CCT at work so I could draw blood and put in and take out foley's. Mare couldn't watch her that day so my friend Lisa took the day off work to watch her for me. I had to wake up extra early to get ready just in case Mckenna was up earlier