Skip to main content

If You Really Knew Me

If you really knew me you would know that:


1. I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!!!!
2. I can put on a smile though I am dying inside.
3. I am funny (sometimes)
4. I am sensitive to words.
5. I love deeply.
6. I am shy.
7. I can sit in silence for hours and not notice the quiet.
8. I don't cry very easily at sad, happy, bittersweet movies.
9. I am very independent.
10. I miss the old days.
11. I struggle with judgement.
12. I avoid painful memories.
13. I don't cry often.
14. I love romantice comedy movies.
15. I love Disney movies. (Belle is my favorite)
16. I don't like steak.
17. I don't like bacon.
18. I love to cook (but don't anymore).
19. I sleep with Mckenna's pajama's every night and don't travel anywhere without them in my carry-on.
20. I care too much
21. I worry about what other people think.
22. I struggle working at PCH more often than people know.
23. Sometimes I have anxiety when it rains
24. I forgive but NEVER forget
25. I am a deep thinker
26. I over analyze EVERYTHING
27. I love to take self pics with my friends
28. I do an airplane dance when I'm drunk
29. I like wine
30. I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!!!!!!
31. I have 5 nephews and 2 nieces
32. I have a baby brother
33. My dad died the day before my 14th birthday
35. I only lost 2 baby teeth on my own
36. I get cold easily
37. I love to sit around a camp fire and talk about random things
38. I love to camp
39. I love the ocean
40. Scary movies don't scare me
41. I sleep walk almost every night
42. I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!!!!!
43. Last year was a rough and scary year
44. I don't want a dog or cat or any kind of animal right now
45. I don't believe I will ever have more kids or get married and I am content with that
46. I love rollercoasters
47. I can get very emotional when I drink
48. I think people like me more when I'm drunk than when I am sober
49. I love cereal
50. I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!!!!!
51. The majority of my friends are many years older than me
52. I get lonely sometimes
53. I have been skydiving
54. I used to live with my Nana
55. I lived in Colorado Springs
56. I wore braces for 5 years
57. I'm not afraid to die
58. I used to write 9-10 page letters to a friend in Tucson and saved them all
59. I left home when I was 17
60. I was married at 18
61. I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!!!!
62. I've been to Australia
63. I can support myself
64. I work full time and go to school full time
65. I miss my Nana
66. I own my own car

The list could keep going and going. I have been wanting to make a list like this for a long time. One thing that stays the same is that I MISS my daughter EVERYDAY!! Another thing is that it is amazing writing all of this down and realizing just how much I have done in my life and how much of the list has made you who I am today. If you really knew me you would know that I am doing the best I can to live my life and discover who I am. It is not easy, so have patience with me and my growing process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Without You Mom....

10 years ago today, I experienced the second worst day of my life. I found my mother dead in her bed. Even 10 years later, when I say those words it takes my breath away. I know it's not a very delicate way to say it but it's the truth. I don't relive every detail like I did for many years. For years, following her death, I couldn't get those images out of my head. Every detail from the moment I unlocked the door, to the funeral home taking her away. Each moment played out often. What an absolutely awful day it was.  The days leading up to her death also haunted me. I always felt I didn't do enough. She died sad and alone in an apt that was horrible. I had reached a point in her alcoholism of distancing myself. I couldn't handle the heartache and the broken promises and the constantly finding her drunk and the drunk phone calls. I distanced myself and she died. The what if's, the shoulda, coulda, woulda's were ruthless. I still hear her voice the last ti

Being a Mom Again...

I miss writing and said last year that I would start writing more and it never happened so I gave up my other blog because it was costing me money and since I didn't use it I wasted money. So back to my old blog it is.  I am now 5 months into being a mom again and boy has it been interesting. I thought I remembered so much about Mckenna's life, but as it turns out I don't. I don't remember these early months and especially the newborn stage. I guess sleep deprivation might have something to do with that. I feel I am doing things differently this time around and on one hand that is wonderful but on the other it makes me kind of sad knowing I am parenting differently because of my life experience. Mckenna had the young naive mom who went with societal "norms". I must admit that social media has made me feel worse about how I want to parent because it feels like it's the "wrong" way. I didn't have that influence with Mckenna but still must have

My treasured last week

Today I have been reflecting on the last week I had with Mckenna. It seems like I can recall every detail of the last week I had her in  my arms and thought I would share my last week.  My last day with Mckenna  Sat Sept 20th : Billy had Mckenna that weekend but left her with Tammy to come move our stuff into storage. I missed her but thankful to have someone to watch her while we moved  MOST of our stuff. Sun Sept 21st, 2008 : I worked that day and couldn't wait to get off work because I was getting Mckenna back. Billy dropped her off at my work I waited with her outside for Mare to get done because we rode together. She was happy to see her mommy. Mon Sept 22nd, 2008 : I had started this class at Pheonix college for my CCT at work so I could draw blood and put in and take out foley's. Mare couldn't watch her that day so my friend Lisa took the day off work to watch her for me. I had to wake up extra early to get ready just in case Mckenna was up earlier