Skip to main content

Happy 3rd Birthday



Three years ago today on December 27th, 2007 a little girl, Mckenna Jodell was born into this world and she changed my life in ways I couldn’t have ever imagined. That morning at midnight my then husband and I went to the hospital at 1230 am to be induced. On the way to the hospital I was full of excitement and a little scared but more excited than anything. I remember thinking we are gonna get to see our baby girl, the little girl that was kicking inside me and pushing on my insides. We started the induction at 2 in the morning and by 3 I started to feel the contractions, by 8 I was in full labor and man it was way more intense than I realized. I went 15 hours when I got an epidural at around 6 pm, they broke my water and gave me pitocin. I was laying on my side when I told my nurse I was feeling a little bit of pain on my side and she said she should check me since it had been awhile. When she checked me she said she didn’t feel any cervix and felt Mckenna’s head was right there. Being so out of it I was confused on why she couldn’t feel my cervix I was thinking what does that mean? Where did it go? She then had my Dr check and he confirmed it was time to push. At this point I was overwhelmed because it had only been 2 ½ hours since I got the epidural and they broke my water. She then didn’t waste any time and put my legs in the stirrups turned on the lights and I was very overwhelmed because it seemed to be happening so fast. So the pushing began. At one point Mckenna’s heartbeat dropped pretty low so we waited out a couple contractions to see how she tolerated the contractions without pushing. I started pushing again then had to stop so my Dr could come in. I pushed a few more times then he told me the next push she would be born. So I just sat up to push and her head was out so fast the doctor almost dropped her. He placed her on my belly and I just looked at her and just kept saying oh my god, oh my god touching her. I was just in awe that she just came out of me. At exactly 9:00 pm Mckenna was born, she weighed 6 pounds 2 oz and was 18 ½ inches long. She was a little peanut. Every once in awhile she would let out a big cry and Billy and I didn’t know quite what to do then she would just stop. The nurse said it was normal after what she had just gone through. As we waited to get to our room we just stared at her saying how beautiful she was. I couldn’t believe that we were parents, that I was a mommy. I was never scared, once she was born it all became so natural. When we got up to our room I laid there just staring at her feeling like I was going to cry. Billy asked if I was ok and I told him I just can’t shake this feeling that I won’t get a lot of time with her. Either something was going to happen to me or something was going to happen to her but I won’t have a lot of time. He said nothing was going to happen she was perfect. If only my feeling didn’t come true. I remember those moments as if it were yesterday. Every detail of that day is etched into my memory. I will never forget the day my sweet, amazing, wonderful, beautiful daughter came into this world. It was the day my life changed forever. She was the reason I was born and the reason I am here today. I love you Mckenna.


Happy 3rd Birthday Baby Girl

I love you and miss you more and more each day. You are my sunshine through the rain. Hope you are celebrating your day where ever you are. Lots of hugs and kisses sent your way. Here is your favorite story:
Clap your hands, and make a sound,
Wiggle your fingers all around,
Bend and reach to touch your toes,
Stand up straight and point to your nose,
Open your mouth big and wide, where’s your tongue? It hides inside,
Count your eyes one and two, what color are they? brown, green, or blue?
Now we’ve said our silly rhyme lets play game one more time,
Point to your eyes, mouth and nose, wiggle your fingers and your toes

 I love you Mckenna Jodell always and forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Years Without You Mom....

10 years ago today, I experienced the second worst day of my life. I found my mother dead in her bed. Even 10 years later, when I say those words it takes my breath away. I know it's not a very delicate way to say it but it's the truth. I don't relive every detail like I did for many years. For years, following her death, I couldn't get those images out of my head. Every detail from the moment I unlocked the door, to the funeral home taking her away. Each moment played out often. What an absolutely awful day it was.  The days leading up to her death also haunted me. I always felt I didn't do enough. She died sad and alone in an apt that was horrible. I had reached a point in her alcoholism of distancing myself. I couldn't handle the heartache and the broken promises and the constantly finding her drunk and the drunk phone calls. I distanced myself and she died. The what if's, the shoulda, coulda, woulda's were ruthless. I still hear her voice the last ti

Being a Mom Again...

I miss writing and said last year that I would start writing more and it never happened so I gave up my other blog because it was costing me money and since I didn't use it I wasted money. So back to my old blog it is.  I am now 5 months into being a mom again and boy has it been interesting. I thought I remembered so much about Mckenna's life, but as it turns out I don't. I don't remember these early months and especially the newborn stage. I guess sleep deprivation might have something to do with that. I feel I am doing things differently this time around and on one hand that is wonderful but on the other it makes me kind of sad knowing I am parenting differently because of my life experience. Mckenna had the young naive mom who went with societal "norms". I must admit that social media has made me feel worse about how I want to parent because it feels like it's the "wrong" way. I didn't have that influence with Mckenna but still must have

My treasured last week

Today I have been reflecting on the last week I had with Mckenna. It seems like I can recall every detail of the last week I had her in  my arms and thought I would share my last week.  My last day with Mckenna  Sat Sept 20th : Billy had Mckenna that weekend but left her with Tammy to come move our stuff into storage. I missed her but thankful to have someone to watch her while we moved  MOST of our stuff. Sun Sept 21st, 2008 : I worked that day and couldn't wait to get off work because I was getting Mckenna back. Billy dropped her off at my work I waited with her outside for Mare to get done because we rode together. She was happy to see her mommy. Mon Sept 22nd, 2008 : I had started this class at Pheonix college for my CCT at work so I could draw blood and put in and take out foley's. Mare couldn't watch her that day so my friend Lisa took the day off work to watch her for me. I had to wake up extra early to get ready just in case Mckenna was up earlier